Serving Marin County Since 2003
Hiring a Contractor
We want to make sure you have a great experience with us! And we know that means that you may also consider our competitors too.
As a California State Licensed Contractor since 2003, we always follow the law about contracts, business and employee insurances, and we even exceed the state required warranty with our Five Year Warranty.
You can always check our current California license and workmans compensation insurance coverage status by visiting: Current Licence Info.
The following information is useful for hiring any contractor who performs work at your home or business:
- Hire only state-licensed contractors.
- Check a contractor’s license number online at www.cslb.ca.gov or by calling 800.321.CSLB (2752).
- Get three references from each bidder and review past work in person.
- Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
- Confirm that the contractor has workers’ compensation insurance for employees.
- Never pay more than 10% down or $1,000, whichever is less.
- Don’t let payments get ahead of the work.
- Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project, including all payments.
- Don’t make the final payment until you’re satisfied with the job.